How to do Magellan GPS Update Online?
Magellan GPS Update - Now Update Magellan Navigation Device or Software on Device. Get Magellan Content Manager and Register Magellan GPS Device.
Magellan GPS Update
The innovative GPS technology has become a necessity in today's fast-paced world. In fact, it has penetrated every aspect of human lives. Whether it is consumer electronics, transport, aviation, defense, or agriculture, fitness, etc. It has found a place in every industry. In other words, today's modern world makes extensive use of GPS based devices for navigation and other purposes. Magellan Navigation is a top-rated consumer electronics manufacturer that offers innovative GPS technology. This American company extends its technology expertise for vehicle navigation, crossover GPS, and outdoor handheld navigation products. Besides, it also offers highly customizable mapping applications for topographic, marine, and street navigation. However, these GPS devices are only as good as their data or software. In other words, their accuracy and reliability depend on regular updates. In short, the Magellan GPS Update is essential for the proper functioning of the devices.
How To Recieve Magellan GPS Update?
While it is true that Magellan GPS Update is easily and readily available for all the users. However, this doesn't guarantee flawless updates from a user's point of view. In other words, you must consider the following factors before starting the update process.
- Magellan GPS Update requires a strong, high-speed internet connection. Therefore, you must have a high-speed internet connection, preferably a broadband connection with a LAN cable. Moreover, you must also ensure that the connection stays uninterrupted for the entire length of the process.
- At the same time, you will also need the Magellan Content Manager to get Magellan GPS Update. It is a complimentary support application for users to simplify the maintenance of their GPS devices. This free of cost software can be easily installed on any Windows or Mac computer.
- Additionally, first-time users must register their devices at the application or website in order to receive the updates. This is a simple process that requires some basic information. It hardly takes a few minutes.
- Above all, you must connect your device to a charger to avoid any interruptions during the process.
Get Magellan Content Manager
Magellan Content Manager is free of cost desktop software application available for all users of Magellan GPS devices. It allows you to access stored locations, register your devices, keep the device up-to-date and a lot more with simple clicks of a mouse. It gives you complete control and flexibility over your GPS devices. This system utility software is available for most of the Windows and Mac OS. It is a platform that connects your GPS device with the Magellan servers for fast and easy operations.
It comes in a small package and can be easily installed on your computer within minutes. You can follow the below-mentioned steps to acquire the Content Manager.
- Open your browser and go to the official Magellan website.
- Under the downloads section, you will find it for both Windows and Mac OS.
- Thereafter, click on the Download button to download the file.
- Next, open the downloaded file and "Run it.
- Subsequently, follow on-screen instructions to proceed.
- Finally, Install the application and close the Installer.
Register Your Device
Once you have installed the Content Manager on your computer. Then, you should proceed to register your device. This is a necessary process that allows the application to provide available updates for your device. However, this is a simple, convenient and easy process.
- First and foremost, turn on your GPS device and computer.
- Now connect the device with your computer. For this, you should use the USB cable supplied with it. Simultaneously, connect the computer with the internet.
- Now, launch the Content Manager application on your computer.
- Consequently, you will get the main window of the application on your screen.
- This will prompt you to log in to your Magellan account. Hence, login to the same. However, in case if you don't have an account. Then, you should create an account first and then login.
- For this, you should go to the official website of Magellan.
- Here, look at the top right-hand side for "Login / Register". Click on it to open the account login page.
- Here, you get two options. Either you can log in to your account or create a new one. The right section of the window shows the tab "Create An Account". Click on it to open the account creation page.
- The next window will prompt you to provide certain basic details. For instance, your complete name, email address and password for this account. Hence, enter the details correctly.
- Thereafter, click on Register to create the account.
- Consequently, the Content Manager will automatically recognize and register the device.
- It will notify the same with a confirmation message. Besides, you will also notice the details of your device on your account.
- At last, click on OK to return back to the Main window.
Magellan GPS Update is an essential activity for Magellan users to maintain their gadgets in its optimum health. While it is true that Magellan products are highly intuitive, state of the art and user-centric. However, they are completely dependent upon the data or software stored in them for accuracy. In short, these gadgets require regular updates. Magellan GPS Update is easily available for installation on a free software application. However, another key point to remember is that only a few of these updates are available for free. But, you must purchase most of them.
- To begin with, connect your GPS Device to a charger.
- Next, you should turn on your computer and connect it to the internet.
- Now, launch Content Manager. For this, look at your system tray or desktop. Hence, click on it to open the same.
- Consequently, it takes you to the "Main" window of the application. Here, it will prompt you to log in to your Magellan account. Hence, login to the same using your registered email address and password. However, in case if you don't have an account. Then, you should create one first at the official website of Magellan. In order to do the same, you should look at the above section of the device registration. Thereafter, login to the account.
- Then, you should connect the device to your computer. For this, you should use the USB cable that comes with your device. You should plug in one end of the cable to your device and the other to the computer.
- As a result, the device will automatically turn on. However, if it doesn't turn on. Then, turn it on manually.
- Thereafter, you should right-click the Content Manager icon. You will find it in the system tray in the case of Windows OS. On the other hand, look for it in the Dock in case of a Mac OS.
- Next, you should select "Check for Updates".
- Consequently, a pop-up box will appear on the screen in case if any updates are available.
- Finally, you should click on "Get Now" for downloading and installing the Magellan GPS Update.
- Once the installation is complete, it will notify the same and prompt you to disconnect the device.
- Hence, disconnect the device.
- At last, your GPS will restart automatically. Hence, wait for it.
- First and foremost, you should open your preferred internet browser. For this, look at the bottom left side of your screen for the browser icon. For instance, you may have Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, etc.
- Then, you should go to the official website of Magellan. For this, type in www.magellangps.com in the browser's address bar. Next, you should press the Enter key on your keyboard.
- Consequently, it will take you to the "Main" page of the website.
- Here, you should look for the "Maps" tab. Then, click on it to open the next window.
- Next, you will get a drop-down menu to choose your GPS model. Hence, click on the drop-down box. Then, select your GPS model from the list of available items.
- Thereafter, select the software updates available for purchase.
- Now, it will prompt you to provide your payment details. Hence, fill in the required information.
- Subsequently, follow any on-screen instructions to complete the purchase.
- Once the purchases are done, you should launch the Content Manager.
- Then, log in to your Magellan account using your registered email address and password.
- Thereafter, you should connect your GPS Device to a charger.
- Next, you should connect the device to your computer. For this, you should use the USB cable that comes with your device. You should plug in one end of the cable to your device and the other to the computer.
- Consequently, the device will automatically turn on. However, if it doesn't turn on. Then, turn it on manually.
- Now, you should right-click the Content Manager icon. It must be located in the System Tray or Dock in Windows or Mac respectively.
- Thereafter, select "Sync Purchase Features / Content" for Magellan GPS Update.
- As a result, it will start downloading and installing the updates. Hence, wait for the same.
- At last, it will notify you once the installation completes properly. Simultaneously, it will prompt you to disconnect the device.
- As such, disconnect the device and wait while it restarts automatically.
In this way, you can easily undertake Magellan GPS Update by following these instructions. These updates will ensure that your gadgets are capable of extending their best performance for a delightful experience.