Magellan Roadmate Update
Magellan is a leading GPS producer company. It develops an extensive range of navigation devices that are designed with cutting-edge technology and easy-to-use interface. For providing more accurate and reliable information, Magellan introduces the updates periodically. The Magellan Roadmate update can be either free and paid. In order to install the updates, you must have the Content Manager application on your computer system. Content Manager is an application for accessing the stored locations, register your device, download updates, and much more. For installing the updates, follow the below given process carefully.
- Before you begin with the Magellan Roadmate Update, you first have to connect your Magellan GPS device with the charger. This is needed for an uninterrupted power supply.
- After that, you are required to download the Content Manager application from the official website. Then, follow the on-screen instructions to install the application.
- Once you are done with all this, the next step is to establish a connection between your Magellan GPS device and system. For this, you have to take the USB cable that comes with the product and attach one of its end to the system and another end to your device.
- Subsequently, the device will turn on. In case it does not turn on automatically, then you have to press its power button and turn it on manually.
- Then, open the Content Manager application. For this, you have to click the application’s icon either from the desktop or the system tray.
- From the main interface of the application, you have to sign in to your Magellan account. Use your linked login credentials for signing in. However, if you are a new user and want to create a new account, then visit the official website of Magellan and create an account.
- Afterwards, from the application, select the “Check for Updates” option to proceed further with the Magellan Roadmate Update procedure.
- Now, the Content Manager will start searching for the available updates. In case any update is available, then a notification popup box will prompt on your screen. In the pop-up box that appears, you will get all the available Magellan Roadmate updates. Both software updates, as well as Map updates, will be shown there.
- Free Update
If free updates are available for your Roadmate device, then, you have to
- Tap the “Get Now” option. This will start downloading and installing the update.
- Wait until the update gets installed on your device successfully.
- Paid Update
In case paid Magellan GPS updates are available, then
- Click the “Get Now” tab.
- This will redirect you to the Magellan purchasing webpage.
- Now, you have to select your “Product Family” i.e. Roadmate. For this, click the downward arrow and make the selection.
- Then, select your Product Model from the drop-down list and click the “Submit” tab.
- By doing so, you will get a list of all the available updates.
- After that, you have to log into your Magellan account and then, choose the preferred update that you want to purchase.
- Next, click the “Add to Cart” option to continue with the process.
- Thereafter, select the payment method and provide all the payment details that are required for purchase.
- Further, you are required to right-click the Magellan icon from the system tray.
- From the list that appears, select the “Sync Purchase Features/ Content” option.
- By doing so, Magellan will start installing the update on your GPS device. You have to wait for the completion of the process.
- Once the Magellan Roadmate Update process gets completed, Magellan asks you to disconnect your GPS device.
- After that, your Magellan GPS device will automatically restart and this will complete the Magellan Roadmate update procedure successfully.